SHIMANO Warranty Policy
Shimano Bicycle Division Limited Warranty
SHIMANO branded product:
Warrants to the original retail purchaser that the SHIMANO bicycle division product for which they received this warranty, is free from a defect in material and workmanship for a period of two years and their DURA-ACE and XTR components are covered for a period of three years from the date of original retail purchase. SHIMANO footwear, soft goods and wheels are warranted for a period of one year.
LIMITS OF THE WARRANTY
SHIMANO’s sole obligation under this warranty is to repair or replace the product, at SHIMANO’s option.
LIMITATIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES
The duration of any implied warranty or condition, of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise, on this product shall be limited to the duration of the express warranty set forth above. In no event shall Shimano be liable for any loss, inconvenience or damage, whether direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise resulting from breach of any express or implied warranty or condition, of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise with respect to this product except as set forth herein. Some locations may not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and some locations may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusion may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from location to location.
This warranty in no way replaces or is an extension of a complete bicycle manufacturer’s warranty. Retailers and wholesale outlets for Shimano products are not authorised to modify this warranty in any way.
It is the consumer’s responsibility to regularly examine the product to determine the need for normal service or replacement.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER THE FOLLOWING:
- Shimano products that have been modified, neglected, or poorly maintained, used in competition or for commercial purposes, misused or abused or involved in accidents.
- Damage occurring during shipment of the products (such claims must be presented directly to the carrier).
- Damage to products resulting from improper assembly or repair.
- Damage resulting from causes other than non-conformities in materials and workmanship, including but not limited to lack of technical skill, competence, or experience of the user.
- Damage or deterioration to the surface finish, aesthetics, or appearance of the product.
- The labour required to remove and/or re-fit and re-adjust the product within the bicycle assembly.
- Normal wear to the product.
Once we receive your item, we will inspect it and notify you that we have received your returned item.
We will immediately notify you on the status of your claim after inspecting the item.
If your warranty claim is approved, we will initiate a replacement or in case the product is not available, a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment).
Please allow 15 business days from the date you returned the product to receive a replacement.
Shipping costs are non-refundable.
The return shipping costs are free of charge.
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM
To successfully submit your claim, you will need an Order Number and Return Authorisation Number (RA).
- You will find your Order number in the order confirmation email.
- In order to obtain your RA number, please email us at email@example.com requesting a Return Authorisation Number and include your Order number as a reference.
Please allow 1 business day for us to process your request.
Once you have received your RA number you will be able to complete your claim via the Returns Portal.
Please ensure to select a Warranty Claim as the reason for your return.
Access to Shimano Returns Portal